Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

How to modify a CRXDE file from the IDE code?

Level 5

Hello, what happens is that I want to change the logic of a file called fileupload.js that this file is used in the AEM DAM when the user uploads an asset to the platform.

The problem is that I don't know how to modify or add that code in the repository where I have my project, I have investigated and they tell me that the path in CRXDE is in:

/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

And it is there, but in my code in the IDE doesn't come, where should I add the fileupload.js code in my repository to be able to modify that method without using CRXDE?

I try to create a libs folder in the root with the same path but doesn't work.

Here is the file in CRXDE but I want to modify in my repository code that don't have it:

Aaron_Dempwolff_0-1694806437921.png

Here are my folders of the repository code:

Aaron_Dempwolff_1-1694806500423.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Aaron_Dempwolff,

You should use overlay mechanism, you can check the official Adobe documentation:

Essentially for this path from AEM 

• /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

you will need below path in your ui.apps module

• /apps/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

and don't forget to update you filter.xml file for ui.apps module, it has to include /apps/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js path as well, like on the screen.

dam-fileupload.jpg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@Aaron_Dempwolff ,

You need to overlay fileupload.js from /libs to /apps in your project. Please see the below blog for more explanation of overlaying in AEM.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/concept-of-override-and-ov...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Aaron_Dempwolff,

You should use overlay mechanism, you can check the official Adobe documentation:

Essentially for this path from AEM 

• /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

you will need below path in your ui.apps module

• /apps/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

and don't forget to update you filter.xml file for ui.apps module, it has to include /apps/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js path as well, like on the screen.

dam-fileupload.jpg

Level 5

Hey, I tried to add the same path as you but when I build it I have the next error:

is not covered by any of the specified dependencies nor a valid root

Do you know what can cause this issue?

Community Advisor

Apart from what has been explained by @lukasz-m you can also setup the vault plugin for your project yo sync the file from aem crx/de to local file system once you overlayed the file from /libs folder to /apps folder so that you can work on the file for any modification and can commit it to your code base