Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to make the "drag components here" available in initial content

Level 6

I created a template based on an editable template type in AEM 6.3. Under the Structure, I can drag and drop the components. However, when I switch to Initial Content, I didn't see the "drag components here", I have noway to add any components.

In order to make "drag components here" available under the Initial Content for a template created on a template type, do I have to add anything in the initial/.content.xml  of the editable template type? Or policy changes?

I tried to create a template based on we.retail empty page, I didn't see "drag components here" under the Initial Content as well. Does it mean, the feature to config the Initial Content is only available for static templates?

Please help.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Make sure that when you are in structure mode to unlock the LayoutContainer[Root] or component already added.

I would recommend you to add a new layout container (also set the policy) on the page in Structure mode and then unlock this LayoutContainer. Now when you switch to initial mode you can drag and drop the components.

PS: Unlocking the container is the key here.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Administrator

Make sure that when you are in structure mode to unlock the LayoutContainer[Root] or component already added.

I would recommend you to add a new layout container (also set the policy) on the page in Structure mode and then unlock this LayoutContainer. Now when you switch to initial mode you can drag and drop the components.

PS: Unlocking the container is the key here.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni