Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to make custom editable template type available for another folder or globally

Level 6

I created a custom editable template type following this structure:

/conf/myproject/settings/wcm/templates-type/basetype, I can see the basetype under the myproject folder when creating the template.

Now I create another folder under the Configuration Browser and enable the editable template, I only see three default templates from adobe: Core Component Page, HTML5 Page and Adaptive Form Template.

What and where do I have to change to make my basetype template available under the another folder?

Per documentation, I should put my basetype template under the /apps/settings/wcm/template-type which where Core Component Page is, but since HTML5 Page is not under the /apps/, just wonder what magic to make HTML 5 page template type available for another folder (globally)?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The HTML5 template is a "foundation" template in /libs/settings/wcm/template-types. For obvious reasons, you should not try and modify this location, rather use what documentation recommends for a global template under /apps/settings/wcm/template-types

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

The HTML5 template is a "foundation" template in /libs/settings/wcm/template-types. For obvious reasons, you should not try and modify this location, rather use what documentation recommends for a global template under /apps/settings/wcm/template-types