Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

How to know the performance of published pages?

Level 4

Hi all,

This is my requirement  : I've published around 200 pages to live and I'd like to know which pages are performing badly and taking more memory etc.

Is there any way we can find this in AEM apart from checking in the logs which is a very crude and old-fashioned way? Are there any tools provided by AEM to check it properly?

4 Replies

Level 10

See the AEM Docs here:

Performance Optimization

There is a tool named  ToughDay mentioned here that may help. 

Level 10

There's also JMeter scripts, executed via BlazeMeter (a paid cloud service) [0]), popular with many AEM users.

[0] https://www.blazemeter.com/

Employee Advisor

Hi,

typically you would use a profiler to answer this kind of questions. Checking the logs (especially the request.log) is also helpful.

What is your expecation? What are other tools/products providing?

Kind regards,
Jörg

Level 4

Can you provide more information what are you looking for in term of performance? Do you wanna have an idea basic stuff like response time, #request, etc? Do 

Do you only wanna have an idea basic stuff like response time, #request, etc? Do 

Do you wanna automate a test or manual test?

But for sure:

1. Take a look recommendation Performance Optimization (mentioned by Scott)
  2. Define your performance Test Plan to determine a goal, KPI, scenarios, tools(JMeter, blaze runner, among other), configuration, owner, roles, etc? (mentioned by Jörg Hoh)

Apart from that, if you wanna have an idea about performance of your pages you can use Saas Service of some page to determine amount js, image, cdn, response time, etc, etc, In my case, I'd like this one: WebPagetest - Website Performance and Optimization Test