Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to install Bulk importer and S3 Asset Ingestor in AEM 6.5 in AMS

Level 9

We are planning to move ~10 GB assets(images, videos) from aws s3 to AEM 6.5 which is in AMS. Planned to use Bulk importer or S3 Asset Ingestor tool to do this job but we could not find Bulk importer and Asset ingestor in AEM. as per the documentation (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/adobe-developers-live-events/assets/asset-bulk-ingestion.pdf...) It should be in Tools > Assets > Bulk Import and Tools > Assets > S3 Asset Ingestor .

Installed latest ACS common package that is ACS Common 5.3.2. Is there any other package to be installed to get Bulk importer and S3 Asset Ingestor ? Please let me know any of is deprecated or not supported in AMS environment.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Mario248,

I think that Bulk Importer tool is available only in AEM as a Cloud Service - the document you are referring to is confirming this at some point. In other words I do not think this tool is available for AEM 6.5 (at least not yet). As an alternative you can consider to use:

You can also speak with Adobe Customer Service Engineer assigned to your project, maybe they have some internal solution that could be used in your case.

Last but not least you can raise an Idea to add Bulk Import tool to AEM 6.5, maybe as part of some future SP.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Mario248,

I think that Bulk Importer tool is available only in AEM as a Cloud Service - the document you are referring to is confirming this at some point. In other words I do not think this tool is available for AEM 6.5 (at least not yet). As an alternative you can consider to use:

You can also speak with Adobe Customer Service Engineer assigned to your project, maybe they have some internal solution that could be used in your case.

Last but not least you can raise an Idea to add Bulk Import tool to AEM 6.5, maybe as part of some future SP.