Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to install ACS Commons?

Level 5

I am using AEM as a Cloud Service and running the 6.5 quickstart jar locally.  Not sure which archetype version was used but it's recent (earlier this year)

I have followed the documentation here: Using with Maven (adobe-consulting-services.github.io)

I am trying to set up the 404 module but it's not working at all.  I suspect that my issue may actually be that ACS Commons is not installed on my local instance.  How can I confirm if the ACS Commons package is installed?  I don't see any logical change in the administration section, for instance...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@dylanmccurry 

Here are a few checks you can do to troubleshoot & fix the issue - 

1. What is the target path specified within the embed configuration in pom.xml? Do you have a filter set in META-INF/vault/filter.xml for the same to install the package in AEM through deployment if the path is not covered in the existing filter.xml rules?
  2. What command are you using to do deployment? If you use mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackage, a single artifact will be generated under the project all module. Path -> /all/target/project-name.all-version.zip Unzip/extract the package and check if the ACS artifact is present. Alternatively, you could verify the same in Package Manager. If you don't see the ACS package in package manager or the generated artifact, then the package is not embedded, and you need to recheck the configurations in pom.
  3. If the ACS package is present in the package manager and is in an installed state, then the application packages installed after the ACS package must be overriding it in JCR. You need to adjust the filter roots in your vault/filter.xml not to override the other packages.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi  @dylanmccurry,

You supposed to ACS Commons under Tools as per below screenshot.

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 3.47.38 PM.png

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 5

Thanks for confirming @SantoshSai - in my case I do not see this.  What are some things I should look out for?

Community Advisor

1. You can also verify if the packages of ACS commons is available in package manager 

2. Try to install that manually if need to have local setup by taking the latest version from ACS commons website

3. Verify the acs commons bundles are active and resolved properly.

For your reference attaching the website for ACS commons

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/

Level 5

Is it expected that adding ACS commons to pom.xml files won't install it locally, and you must install via package manager?  I was hoping to have the entire the installation of ACS Commons under source control for all environments.

For #3 - what is the best way to do that?

e.g., when I check /system/console- I don't see anything "acs":

dylanmccurrymsft_1-1667594647051.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@dylanmccurry 

Here are a few checks you can do to troubleshoot & fix the issue - 

1. What is the target path specified within the embed configuration in pom.xml? Do you have a filter set in META-INF/vault/filter.xml for the same to install the package in AEM through deployment if the path is not covered in the existing filter.xml rules?
  2. What command are you using to do deployment? If you use mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackage, a single artifact will be generated under the project all module. Path -> /all/target/project-name.all-version.zip Unzip/extract the package and check if the ACS artifact is present. Alternatively, you could verify the same in Package Manager. If you don't see the ACS package in package manager or the generated artifact, then the package is not embedded, and you need to recheck the configurations in pom.
  3. If the ACS package is present in the package manager and is in an installed state, then the application packages installed after the ACS package must be overriding it in JCR. You need to adjust the filter roots in your vault/filter.xml not to override the other packages.

Level 5

Thank you- the filter.xml called out /apps/myapp-vendor-packages, where I was targeting /apps/myapp-packages.  Your troubleshooting steps really helped.

Community Advisor

you can check below article to see, how to install ACS Common along with your project

https://aemlab.blogspot.com/2022/06/aemaacs-tools.html  

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Just Add these two details to your project pom.xml file and acs commons package will get deployed to your AEM along with regular deployment.

Add acs commons dependency under <dependencies> section
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.adobe.acs</groupId>
<artifactId>acs-aem-commons-content</artifactId>
<version>5.2.0</version>
<type>zip</type>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
Configure and embed to vault package plugins

<!-- V A U L T P A C K A G E P L U G I N S -->
<plugin>