Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to increase the Admin group permissions to the same level of the Admin user?

Level 1

Hello everyone.

Each person who requires an account within AEM has his or her own user login with varying levels of privileges depending on their role, this is understood and which of course is standard and there are no shared login credentials amongst those users. Some of those users are classed as super users and as such have been added to the admin group who can therefore carryout certain high-level tasks.

However, due to audit requirements one of which is that there are no shared login’s, this therefore has an impact on the admin user account which is shared amongst various key power users that provide an admin support function across our business.

It is not a feasible option for us to only allow one person access to the admin user account to support the business with their needs, and in order to achieve a successful support model the aim is to be able to increase the privileges of the admin group to the same level of the admin user account so that these power users can act as Admin when required.

Through the research carried out so far It is not readily clear if this is possible so I would like to open this up to the collective for your input. Is there a way that I can increase the privileges of the Admin group to the the same leve of privilege of the Admin user and if so how can that be achievec?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You cannot. There are a few repository level permissions which are included just for admin user by default.

FOr eg.

- default access to admin console

- admin Session access to repository

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

You want the group to have the same permissions as an admin?

Level 1

HI

Yes that is correct, exact same permissions.

Correct answer by
Employee

You cannot. There are a few repository level permissions which are included just for admin user by default.

FOr eg.

- default access to admin console

- admin Session access to repository