Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

how to increase size of mutlvalued field in Metadata schema

Community Advisor

Hi Everyone,

If anyone can help me in inreasing the size of the multifield property of a metadata to store more than 5k numbers/strings in Metadata schema.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Aruna_surukunta_ ,

It is allowing me to enter more than 5k characters OOTB in Asset Metadata Schema Multi-value fields. Could you please check once in AEM vanilla instance as I couldn't replicate this issue in my local.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Hello,

While configuring multified along with multifield items like "textfield" or "textarea" you have a property name maxlength (long) you can configure to set the limit. I would suggest to use "textarea" if you have lengthy text to be authored.

(for widget reference)

https://www.adobe.io/experience-manager/reference-materials/6-5/granite-ui/api/jcr_root/libs/granite...

Hope this helps.

Level 2

@Rushl,

Thanks for your response.

Actually, The field is configured through METADATA SCHEMA (Tools --> Asset -->Metadata Schema) as mentioned below and I don't see any options or setting to configure multifield value length. If any suggestions really help me.

MultiField

Anny_2-1631136578177.png

MultiField Settings:

Anny_1-1631136561939.png

Thanks!

Level 9

Hello,

Its development team job to do that configuration based on above suggestion. it can be viewed/configured from /crx/de/index.jsp via following the right path.

thanks.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Aruna_surukunta_ ,

It is allowing me to enter more than 5k characters OOTB in Asset Metadata Schema Multi-value fields. Could you please check once in AEM vanilla instance as I couldn't replicate this issue in my local.

Community Advisor

Thank you very much. I will check this on plain vanilla instance and let you know.