Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

HOW TO INCLUDE ONE COMPONENT WITHIN ANOTHER COMPONENT?

Level 2

I need some help in including a component inside another component.

This is the scenario:
1. I have a page-hero component
2. I have a request info component

Now I want to add this request-info component in the exact middle of page-hero.

Can anyone please help me out with the steps that I have to follow in order to achieve this.
Note: I am very new to AEM and have been using it since the past 6-7 months.

@kautuk_sahni @BrianKasingli @arunpatidar @DEBAL_DAS 

Thanks in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ac6600 ,

You can use data-sly-resource 

data-sly-resource includes the result of rendering the indicated resource through the sling resolution and rendering process.

eg.

<sly data-sly-resource="${resource @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid'}"></sly>

where "wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid" is path to your component.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ac6600 ,

You can use data-sly-resource 

data-sly-resource includes the result of rendering the indicated resource through the sling resolution and rendering process.

eg.

<sly data-sly-resource="${resource @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid'}"></sly>

where "wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid" is path to your component.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Employee Advisor

Let's suppose I want to include image component inside hero-image component then I will use below htl code to include image component -

<sly data-sly-resource="${'image' @ resourceType='weretail/components/content/image'}"></sly>

Community Advisor

@ac6600 

data-sly-resource includes the result of rendering the indicated resource through the sling resolution and rendering process. It helps include result of a resource from a path specified. The sling resolution and rendering process will process the indicated resource from path and result will be included.

In your case you just have to use - 

<sly data-sly-resource="${'requestInfo' @ resourceType='path of request info component'}"></sly>

within the html of your page-hero component.

for more details fon HTLs:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-htl/using/htl/block-statements.html?lang=...