Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to include Column Control Component statically

Level 4

How to include Column Control Component statically on the page component.  

I tried :

<div data-sly-unwrap="${!wcmmode.edit}"  data-sly-resource="${ @path='COL'  ,resourceType='/apps/XXX/OOTBOverrideColumn}" ></div>

I only see Start of Column and not End of Columns ( same components work when I drag and drop)

And when clicked on the configure Icon:

I get the error 500  : Cannot serve request  to  /libs/foundation/components/parsys/colctrl/layoutdatasource/layoutdatasource.jsp

Is there a way to include the column control statically on Page component

In error.logs I see : :

/apps/myAPP/components/content/common/colctrl/_cq_dialog.html/content/project/en-us/public/values/code/jcr:content/parNode HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException java.lang.NullPointerException: null  at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.designer.DesignerImpl.getStyle(DesignerImpl.java:146)
3 Replies

Level 10

YOu are using the correct syntax - 

http://blogs.adobe.com/experiencedelivers/experience-management/sightly-intro-part-1/

Are you referencing out of the box column compnent? If not - tyy referencing ootb column component and see what happens. 

Level 4

smacdonald2008 wrote...

YOu are using the correct syntax - 

http://blogs.adobe.com/experiencedelivers/experience-management/sightly-intro-part-1/

Are you referencing out of the box column compnent? If not - tyy referencing ootb column component and see what happens. 

Tried to include the OOTB Column control as well , it gives me the same error  : 

Cannot serve request to /libs/wcm/foundation/components/parsys/colctrl/_cq_dialog.html/content/myApp/en-us/public/Page/14/jcr:content/COLLLL in /libs/foundation/components/parsys/colctrl/layoutdatasource/layoutdatasource.jsp

Syntax :: 

<sly data-sly-resource="${ @path='COLLLL', resourceType='/libs/wcm/foundation/components/parsys/colctrl'}" /> 

Level 10

I will try and reproduce and post back results. Could be a UI bug.