Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to implement save button on a page

Level 5

I'm extending AEM Tools menu to create a custom Cloud Service. When I click on it, it opens a blank page with the title as below: Screenshot (11).png

The problem is that there is no Save button on the page and I don't know how to implement it. I want it as below: Screenshot (10).png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I got the solution. I changed the sling:resourceType to granite/ui/components/shell/propertiespage and in added formId in that node which adds the Cancel and Save button automatically for the page.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @nikita24tailor ,

The actual content of the page seems missing here, you can add sling:resourceType for rendering script or use Granite UI Components.

For more details please refer: https://aem4beginner.blogspot.com/create-custom-aem-menu-tools-with

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 5

I have not added any content for now. I just want the Save button on the right top most which comes on most of the windows.

Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to extend from the shell page to add action, this will be supertype of your component

/libs/granite/ui/components/shell/page/page.jsp  

Arun Patidar

Level 5

Yes, I'm using Shell page only but don't know how to add this action in the page.

Correct answer by
Level 5

I got the solution. I changed the sling:resourceType to granite/ui/components/shell/propertiespage and in added formId in that node which adds the Cancel and Save button automatically for the page.