Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to hide OOTB workflows and show only my project workflows in create->workflow in sites.html for pages in AEM 6.5 for user group

Level 3

Hi,

I have to hide all OOTB workflows and show only my project workflows in create->workflow in sites.html for pages for specific user group in AEM 6.5.

I have tried ACL. i denied permission for all workflows inside var/workflow/models and gave allow for only project workflow folder. While doing this, i am able to see some of the OOTB workflows are hidden in the dropdown option but still i can see the following workflows. I am not able to hide these.

Activation model

Approve for adobe campaign

Launch review

Publish example

Publish for adobe campaign

Request for activation

Request for deactivation

Request for deletion

Request for deletion w/o deactivation

Request to complete move operation

Scene7: reprocess assets

How to proceed with this.

Thanks in advance.

Divya

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You can "hide" a workflow by adding Workflow:WCM tag.

berliant_0-1582810825449.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

You can "hide" a workflow by adding Workflow:WCM tag.

berliant_0-1582810825449.png

Level 3
I hope this method will hide the workflows for every user groups. I want to hide for only specific user group.

Employee Advisor
In that case you need to work with ACLs on the workflow models.

Level 3

Since i am not able to hide some of the OOTB workflows in useradmin, i tried adding direct deny permission to that particular workflow in http://localhost:4502/security/permissions.html/principal/everyone.

eg: /var/workflow/models/activationmodel - deny. But i was not able to add this particular entry.

Employee Advisor
what you mean with "I was not able to add this particular entry"? Why wasn't it possible?

Community Advisor

you can write a clientlibs for below page to make an ajax request to check the user and hide dropdown options based on response.

http://localhost:4502/mnt/override/libs/wcm/core/content/common/startbulkworkflows.html?item=%2Fcont...

Arun Patidar

Level 1

ACL deny is working only for folder and not all OOB workflows are organized in folder. Is there a way to organize workflow models in folder so that we can handle them ACL - deny.