Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to get value from selected optionsTextField

Level 6

I have a dialog with xtype=selection field, the dropdown has the text field with the value: test1, test2 and test3; value field has the value as 1, 2, 3. When I open the dialog, I will see the test1, test2 and test3 in the dropdown list. If a user select test2, for example, the number 2 is stored as a property in CQ. I can use properties.get("fieldname") to get value 2. 

The question is how to get field text as I see in the drop down. In this case, the value should be test2.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi BigT168,

AEM does not provide a way to achieve this,

However whats stopping you to keep both text ( I mean label) and the value same?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Are you using Touch UI or Classic UI? 

Employee Advisor

The default OOTB selection field does not store the label of the dropdown along with the value so I do no think you can get the label when you retrieve the value of the field from node.

However, you can add the mapping of the label and value in the i18n data dictionary and use the dictionary to render the labels in your component scripts. If you really want the labels from the node properties then you will have to create a custom xtype which will store both label and value on the node. 

[1] http://www.wemblog.com/2011/12/how-to-use-multi-language-translation.html

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi BigT168,

AEM does not provide a way to achieve this,

However whats stopping you to keep both text ( I mean label) and the value same?

Level 6

Thank you, Kunal23 and Edubey.