Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to get same field on selection of two values in dropdown?

Level 3

Hi,

I want to show same field on selection of more than one value in drop down.

Suppose in dropdown, we have A,B,C,D

and i have one seperate node say 'title'

I want to show this field when i select A and when i select B. 

As showhidetargetvalue is single valued property. i am not able to make it for multi value. 

I tried to make string[] for showhidetargetvalue, but it is working only for one value .

please assist.

10 Replies

Level 10

What AEM version are you using and is your component meant for TOuch UI or Classic UI? 

Level 3

smacdonald2008 wrote...

What AEM version are you using and is your component meant for TOuch UI or Classic UI? 

Touch UI

Level 4
hi @amangoyal15, try below solution for AEM touchUI dialog
<nodeType jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/select" class="cq-dialog-dropdown-showhide" cq-dialog-dropdown-showhide-target=".list-option-listtype-showhide-target" fieldLabel="Node Type" name="./nodeName" value=""> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <A jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" text="A" value="ab"/> <B jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" text="B" value="ab"/> <C jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" text="C" value="cd"/> <D jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" text="D" value="cd"/> </items> </nodeType> <setAB jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/container" class="assettype-option-listtype-showhide-target foundation-layout-util-vmargin" showhidetargetvalue="ab"> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <abSection jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/container"> <layout jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/layouts/well"/> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <textField jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield" fieldDescription="Enter the First Name here." emptyText="Enter the First Name here." fieldLabel="First Name" name="./firstName" /> </items> </abSection> </items> </setAB> <setCD jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/container" class="assettype-option-listtype-showhide-target foundation-layout-util-vmargin" showhidetargetvalue="cd"> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <cdSection jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/container"> <layout jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/layouts/well"/> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <path jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/pathbrowser" fieldLabel="Select Path" name="./path" rootPath="/content/dam"/> </items> </cdSection> </items> </setCD>           

Level 1

How can 2 options of dropdown have same value?suppose,if we want to use that dropdown value somewhere else.

Level 10

Can you post a screenshot of what you have now and what you want it to look like. It may help the community better understand you objective, 

Level 3

see , In My dialog - there are only three widgets - choose (dropdown), name (textfield), pathselect (pathbrowser).

• In dropdown - there are 4 options A,B,C,D.  (In properties, i have added 

class  = cq-dialog-dropdown-showhide

cq-dialog-dropdown-showhide-target   =   .list-option-listfrom-showhide-target )

• Textfield would be displayed on selection of  A or B.             ( showhidetargetvalue      string         a)   
  • Pathbrowser would be displayed on selection of  C or D.    ( showhidetargetvalue      string        c) 

I want to make them work for both values.

I tried by making string as a string[] type and tried to give multi value , it is accepting but then it is not even working for any single value.  like - ( showhidetargetvalue      string[]         a,b)     and         ( showhidetargetvalue      string[]         c,d) 

Level 1

Hi @amangoyal15 , @amitaj56771832 

Please let me know if you got the solution. I'm also looking for the same.

Level 5

Have you looked into this link already ?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25244844/conditional-show-hide-of-fields-in-aem-6-dialogs

Take a look at the base implementation that you are refering to that can be found here: /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/dropdownshowhide/clientlibs/dropdownshowhide.js