Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to get country and language codes in OSGI service

Community Advisor

Hi All, 

I want to get all available language codes in AEM.

Is there anyway we can get country and language codes in 2 digits? Currently I'm using all the codes by creating enum.Is this correct way of using language codes in AEM OSGI services

ArunaSurukunta_0-1632329989298.png

Thanks,

Aruna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for the inputs @Aruna_surukunta_ 

Every enum constant is an instance of an enum class. Given the list of languages to consider, you can use the one from OOTB location that I shared accordingly. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Aruna_surukunta_,

List of languages are available at this location - /libs/wcm/core/resources/languages

(Used as part of Translation/Translation projects)

Could you please elaborate your requirement/need for the availability of all language codes in OSGi service. 

Community Advisor

Thanks @Vijayalakshmi_S  for the quick turn. 

My requirement is to import asset through custom utility into DAM. While importing i have to set languages dc:language to asset metadataschema.

For this purpose I need to get all possible languagesin my OSGI service.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for the inputs @Aruna_surukunta_ 

Every enum constant is an instance of an enum class. Given the list of languages to consider, you can use the one from OOTB location that I shared accordingly. 

Community Advisor

Hi @Aruna_surukunta_ 

1. "I want to get all available language codes in AEM." - by this you mean the languages that the languages that your website have? if yes, please check this link: https://help.smartling.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008049933-AEM-Touch-Connector-Configure-Custom-Langu...
  2. To get the language in a service impl use the below code :getcurrentpage().getlanguage(false).getlanguage();. You can send the current page details to the serviceImpl using a servlet (via request object) or model (via currentPage object).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Community Advisor

Thanks @Kiran_Vedantam , Actually I 'm not using page here. I'm trying to import asset where I ned to add dc:language through OSGI service