Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to get a specific child page on iteration and display in sitemap for first level?

Level 4

Hi,

I'm trying to display only a specific page which is under child[0] for a specific set of pages. The pages iterated through other pages will remain the same.

Eg :A

a

b

c

B

d

e

f

C

g

h

i

This is what the footer looks like currently.

A                       B                               C

a                        d                                  g

b                        e                                    h

c                         f                                     i

I want it to be displayed as below for certain pages

A                                 B                              C

b                                    d                            g

e                              h

f                               i

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @chinmayis865517 

There is a page property called "Hide in Navigation" which is used for this purpose. You can enable this option for pages a and c. When you are constructing the sitemap you can choose to ignore the pages with "hide in navigation" enabled.

JeevanRaj_0-1649846141820.png

Regards

Jeevan

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @chinmayis865517 

There is a page property called "Hide in Navigation" which is used for this purpose. You can enable this option for pages a and c. When you are constructing the sitemap you can choose to ignore the pages with "hide in navigation" enabled.

JeevanRaj_0-1649846141820.png

Regards

Jeevan

Level 4

Thank you very much @JeevanRaj .

I want to enable in multiple set of pages, more than a 100. Is there a programmatic way to do it?

Community Advisor

You can do that using groovy scripts if there is a logic to knowing which pages it has to be enabled. Like, enable this for the first 2 pages on a child page or something like this?

Community Advisor

I haven't tried it myself but it should be possible. You can programmatically roll out pages from JAVA backend. So it should be possible from groovy as well.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-rollout-a-page-program...

Regards,

Jeevan

Level 4

Hi @JeevanRaj ,

This page property gets applied to header as well but I want this to work only in footer.

Thanks

Community Advisor

If you don't want this behavior to happen in your header then you have to make necessary changes to your header component.

Thanks