Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to Forward Adobe Developer App Builder Application Logs | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

How to Forward Adobe Developer App Builder Application Logs by Manik Jindal

Abstract

Adobe Developer App Builder enables developers to build custom applications that extend and integrate with Adobe Experience Manager and other Adobe solutions. App Builder became generally available in December 2021.

Now, we are bringing the ability to forward application logs to a supported log management solution of your choice to all App Builder customers.
What is log forwarding?
Until now, the logs generated by an App Builder application were only stored in Adobe I/O Runtime and could be fetched by a developer through the AIO CLI (aio app logs command).

However, debugging and monitoring an App Builder application running in the production environment solely through AIO CLI is not ideal. The AIO CLI allows developers to view logs only on a per activation level. And although a developer can tail application logs as they come, she cannot search through them to view interesting log lines.

On the other hand, log forwarding simply allows a customer to continuously forward application logs to a log management solution of their choice (such as Splunk or Azure Log Analytics).

This allows a developer to use richer functionality available on the log management solution, such as searching unstructured logs, charting data extracted from logs, setting alerts, and more.

Moreover, Adobe I/O Runtime stores and surfaces only a subset of the application logs, while Log Forwarding forwards all application logs, thus, giving the developer increased access to their application logs.

Lastly, customers can consolidate their App Builder application logs with logs from the rest of the infrastructure for better correlation and streamlined incident response.
Read our documentation on When to use Log Forwarding for a detailed comparison between storing logs in Adobe I/O Runtime and forwarding application logs.

Read Full Blog

How to Forward Adobe Developer App Builder Application Logs

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
0 Replies