Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to fix/convert a language copy that was create wrong?

Level 2

We created our language copy by basically copying the English version and making it a Spanish version. We can't scrap what we've done because the pages and their content have already be translated.

Is there a way to convert what we have into a language copy of the English version? Its over 100 pages per language and there's 4 translated non-English languages.

This is on 6.5.7 hosted with Adobe.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Art_Bird ,

Firstly, Take backup of your spanish copy.
Secondly, Create a proper language copy of English(en) and now replace the child pages of your new language copy with your backedup pages. Make sure that you maintain the necessary jcr properties.

After doing this, you can check the content refrence on the sites dashboard.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Art_Bird ,

You need  Write a script to make corrections.

Create Servlet for this use case.

Kr,

Sanjay

Community Advisor

@Art_Bird - Either you need to create a new structure again or you can go ahead with Groovy/Java/ JS script to update the JCR:Properties.

Level 2

I've looked over the jcr properties and it looks like I should be able to add these properties to each of the translation pages.
cq:translationStatus
cq:lastTranslationUpdate
cq:translationSourcePath

I believe these properties only need to be on the root of the translation. IE /content/website/language-masters/de/jcr:content
cq:translationProject
cq:cloudserviceconfigs
jcr:language

Am I missing any properties for the language copy pages?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Art_Bird ,

Firstly, Take backup of your spanish copy.
Secondly, Create a proper language copy of English(en) and now replace the child pages of your new language copy with your backedup pages. Make sure that you maintain the necessary jcr properties.

After doing this, you can check the content refrence on the sites dashboard.