Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to find out a file version ui.assetFinder.js

Level 1

Hello all, I have two AEM 6.5 environments both with SP 6.5.20 installed. However, the file at /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/core/js/ui/ui.assetFinder.js differs between the environments and this is causing issues. I need to understand where this file came from so I can align the versions across the environments.  

Many thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thank you @kautuk_sahni in my case the ui.assetfinder.js is located in the cq-ui-wcm-editor-content.1.1.500 package. The reason they differed on the different environments was that the SP install had not completed successfully. Re-installing the SP on all environments resolved the issue.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 8

@patrickclancey1 

One possible explanation is if there is any hotfix in one of the environments which might have overridden this file. 

Also, you can try checking the timestamp on these files? 

Level 10

Hi @patrickclancey1 ,

To address the discrepancy between the ui.assetFinder.js file in your AEM 6.5.20 environments, you need to determine how the file differs and ensure both environments have the correct version. Here are the steps you can take to resolve this:

Step 1: Compare the File Versions

1. Extract the File:

• Download the ui.assetFinder.js file from both environments using CRXDE Lite or a package manager.
  2. Diff the Files:

• Use a diff tool (such as diff, WinMerge, Beyond Compare, or an online diff tool) to compare the content of the two files.
    • Identify the differences in the file content.

Step 2: Determine the Source of the File

The ui.assetFinder.js file in /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/core/js/ui/ should be part of the core AEM codebase, which typically comes from the AEM installation and service packs. If the files differ, it might be due to custom overlays or patches.

1. Check Overlays:

• Verify if there are any overlays in /apps or /libs that might have modified the file. Overlays in AEM can override core files and are often used for customizations.
  2. Check for Custom Code:

• Look for custom client libraries or code deployments that might have modified or replaced the ui.assetFinder.js file. This could be part of a custom package or project-specific customization.

Step 3: Align the Versions

1. Identify the Correct Version:

• Based on the differences identified, determine which version of ui.assetFinder.js is the correct or desired one.
  2. Synchronize the File:

• If one version is deemed correct, replace the incorrect version with the correct one. This can be done using CRXDE Lite or a package manager.
    • Ensure the correct version is placed under /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/core/js/ui/.
  3. Verify No Overlays or Patches:

• Ensure there are no overlays or patches in /apps that might cause discrepancies.

Step 4: Validate the Changes

1. Test in Both Environments:
    • After aligning the versions, test the functionality in both environments to ensure that the issue is resolved.
    • Check the browser console for any JavaScript errors related to ui.assetFinder.js.

Example Steps for CRXDE Lite

1. Download the File:

• Navigate to http://<aem-instance>:4502/crx/de.
    • Browse to /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/core/js/ui/ui.assetFinder.js.
    • Right-click on the file and select "Download" or "Save As".
  2. Upload the Correct File:

• In the correct environment, right-click on the folder ui/ and select "Create File".
    • Upload the correct ui.assetFinder.js file.

By following these steps, you can identify the source of the discrepancies in the ui.assetFinder.js file and align the versions across your environments. This ensures consistency and resolves any issues caused by differing versions of the file. If the discrepancies persist, you may want to consult the release notes or contact Adobe Support for further assistance.

Community Advisor

@patrickclancey1 - Try checking out both the files using diff checker, If you both the environment with same SP then files shouldn't differ.
If the file differs, then you can update the proper file in both environments. Yeah, I know we shouldn't touch the OOTB files at any cost.

Administrator

@patrickclancey1 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thank you @kautuk_sahni in my case the ui.assetfinder.js is located in the cq-ui-wcm-editor-content.1.1.500 package. The reason they differed on the different environments was that the SP install had not completed successfully. Re-installing the SP on all environments resolved the issue.