Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

How to find association between two workflow instances

Level 2

In AEM 6.0 TouchUI, whenever the user does not have permission to publish a page, he sees "Request for publication" button clicking on which takes user to wizard where associated assets are listed which can also be sent for publishing. When the user sends them, there are separate workflow instances created for each (page + assets).

Use Case: The page has path like /content/demo/<locale>/products/p1 where as the associated asset would have path like /content/dam/demo/images/i1.jpg. From page path I know which locale it is from and can direct it to correct group for review using workflow. But for asset, I can't retrieve the locale from DAM asset path. So I have to rely on its page path. But this image can be referenced from many pages and I can't simply take the locale on the fly. I need to get the locale for the page which is sent for activation. 

Is there any way by which we can associate a workflow instance created for asset with its corresponding page? 

2 Replies

Level 10

The only thing i can think of is to write a custom step and use the AssetManager API in the custom step to retrieve information about the asset. You may want to explore that way. 

Level 2

But that will further require to pick up only those associated pages which are currently being used in any of the running workflow, right?