Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

how to download AEM standalone executable jar file?

Level 1

Hey, I'm a web developer and I want to learn about AEM. To do so, I'm trying to install it on my local machine. I want to download the jar file(AEM standalone executable) and according to this link I need to download it from "Adobe Licensing Website".

And when I go there I need to login again. I login but I face "Adobe does not recognize you as an authorized user of this web site. Please contact Adobe for assistance".

I think there is something wrong with my profile settings.

In my profile settings, I checked developer and administrator as my role. anyway when I try to visit "Adobe Experience Cloud" I get "It seems that your Adobe ID is not linked with your Adobe Experience Cloud solution accounts. Please get in touch with your Org Administrator or Adobe Enterprise Support.". I didn't sign up as a business company or anything commercial. My intention was to register as a "educational purposes" user but there was no field about it.

what should I do?

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @silver1992 

If you registered on the Adobe portal with your organisation email address and has access to Software Distribution, you should be able to see the option to download.

https://experience.adobe.com/#/downloads/content/software-distribution/en/aem.html?2_group.propertyv...

asutosh_jena_0-1622091580980.png

Level 1
thanks. "organisation email address", I dont have it! I want to download it for educational purposes. Is there any way to download it as an individual not a company?

Community Advisor

Hi @silver1992 ,

Please reach-out to the below link for the trial version. 

Adobe Experience Cloud | Sales Inquiries

They can provide you a trial version link. If your company is a partner with Adobe then you can request AEM trail version in SPP portal with your official email. They will provide AEM trail version link with a license key.

Level 1
thanks. But I want to download it for myself not for a company. I just want to experience working with it. You are saying there is no other way to download it. right? not without a company behind me?