Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

how to download AEM standalone executable jar file?

Level 1

Hey, I'm a web developer and I want to learn about AEM. To do so, I'm trying to install it on my local machine. I want to download the jar file(AEM standalone executable) and according to this link I need to download it from "Adobe Licensing Website".

And when I go there I need to login again. I login but I face "Adobe does not recognize you as an authorized user of this web site. Please contact Adobe for assistance".

I think there is something wrong with my profile settings.

In my profile settings, I checked developer and administrator as my role. anyway when I try to visit "Adobe Experience Cloud" I get "It seems that your Adobe ID is not linked with your Adobe Experience Cloud solution accounts. Please get in touch with your Org Administrator or Adobe Enterprise Support.". I didn't sign up as a business company or anything commercial. My intention was to register as a "educational purposes" user but there was no field about it.

what should I do?

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @silver1992 

If you registered on the Adobe portal with your organisation email address and has access to Software Distribution, you should be able to see the option to download.

https://experience.adobe.com/#/downloads/content/software-distribution/en/aem.html?2_group.propertyv...

asutosh_jena_0-1622091580980.png

Level 1
thanks. "organisation email address", I dont have it! I want to download it for educational purposes. Is there any way to download it as an individual not a company?

Community Advisor

Hi @silver1992 ,

Please reach-out to the below link for the trial version. 

Adobe Experience Cloud | Sales Inquiries

They can provide you a trial version link. If your company is a partner with Adobe then you can request AEM trail version in SPP portal with your official email. They will provide AEM trail version link with a license key.

Level 1
thanks. But I want to download it for myself not for a company. I just want to experience working with it. You are saying there is no other way to download it. right? not without a company behind me?