Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to do a health check on aem project?

Level 9

Currently, I am working on an AEM project for which I need to evaluate all coding practices and everything is in accordance with standard. I heard that there is a tool available in ACS that can be utilized to do the health check. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to perform a health check on AEM?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

So BPA tool is used for both purposes, it evaluates your code against standards, and/or prepares your code to be cloud-ready. So feel free to use BPA.

Alternatively, you can set up and use Sonar Rules [1] to check code against standards.

[1] https://github.com/wttech/AEM-Rules-for-SonarQube 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

You should use AEM Best Practice Analyzer [1] tool for the health check of your custom code. 
The Best Practices Analyzer provides an assessment of your current AEM implementation by indicating areas that are not following AEM best practices. It also provides guidance on next steps to adopt AEM best practices. Additionally, it helps accelerate the processes of assessing readiness to move from an existing Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) deployment to AEM as a Cloud Service.

[1] https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/migration-journey/c...

Level 9

Thanks for your reply. According to doc, The Best Practices Analyzer (BPA) provides an assessment of your current AEM implementation by indicating areas that are not following AEM best practices and helps accelerate the processes of assessing readiness to move to AEM as a Cloud Service.

Seems it is good start but it is not developed to assessing readiness to move to AEM as a Cloud Service. Is there another tool available to use?

Employee Advisor

Only BPA tool is used to check readiness to move to AEMaaCS. 

Level 9

Thanks but my intention is not to update to AEMaaCS. I just want to do health check on AEM 6.5. Is there any utility available ?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

So BPA tool is used for both purposes, it evaluates your code against standards, and/or prepares your code to be cloud-ready. So feel free to use BPA.

Alternatively, you can set up and use Sonar Rules [1] to check code against standards.

[1] https://github.com/wttech/AEM-Rules-for-SonarQube 

Employee Advisor

@Mario248 there is no single way:

1. Run the BPA jar

2. run the Sonar

3. Validate the guidelines from adobe docs based on the content strategy

Employee Advisor

@Mario248 Also, on-prem vs AEMCAAS Healthcheck may vary as you have more control on infra in the former. I really like how Sonar points to the issues, so it may be your best pal in the long run