Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

how to disable target feature in aem 6.0 globally

Level 9

Hello,

how to disable incontext target feature default available in aem 6?? i am not looking for component based disabling but globally across site/in cq if i want to do?

Thanks,

Pawan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

The only way to do this without modifying some javascript code (always a bad idea!) is to overlay the parsys component and on the cq:editConfig set cq:disableTargeting to true.

You'll need to modify the following nodes:

foundation/components/parsys/colctrl/cq:editConfig
foundation/components/parsys/cq:childEditConfig
foundation/components/parsys/cq:editConfig
foundation/components/parsys/new/cq:editConfig

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

It should be in '/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/clientlibs/editor/js/ui/ui.globalBar.js' 

Let me know if you couldnt figure it out.

Level 9

Hi,

Thanks for reply but i was looking for configuration based changed to achieve the same. 

I hope above file name you mean ui/toolbar.js or ui.toolbar namespace not ui.globalbar.js because i can't find with default 6 installation. anyhow in toolbar.js the target call goes based on targe json object which accept list of parameter where i think we can supply config.disableTargeting = true; as part of config parameter.

better place i found /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/EditBase.js where you can easily configure config.disableTargeting = true; before addTargetingActions method call. it works perfectly fine.

but that is not my requirement. i want just based on configuration (not using parsys or iparsys).

Thanks,

Pawan

Correct answer by
Level 8

The only way to do this without modifying some javascript code (always a bad idea!) is to overlay the parsys component and on the cq:editConfig set cq:disableTargeting to true.

You'll need to modify the following nodes:

foundation/components/parsys/colctrl/cq:editConfig
foundation/components/parsys/cq:childEditConfig
foundation/components/parsys/cq:editConfig
foundation/components/parsys/new/cq:editConfig

Level 10

but this would disable at the component level as well right !

Level 8

Yes it would, which is what he's requesting.