Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to disable geolocation in publishing instance under AEM 6.3

Level 6

To disable the geolocation, I found this instruction, but it is two years ago, not sure if it applies to AEM 63. touch UI?

Rename /libs/cq/personalization/components/contextstores/geolocation to /libs/cq/personalization/components/contextstores/geolocation_new

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I did apply the old instruction specified for ClientContext, it works.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Administrator

In File:- /libs/granite/contexthub/components/modules/location/clientlib/renderer.location.js

Contains the registation code :- ContextHub.UI.ModuleRenderer('contexthub.location', new LocationRenderer()); Comment it out. It would work.

I would recommend copy the node /libs/granite/contexthub/components/modules/location/clientlib/renderer.location.js to /apps/granite/contexthub/components/modules/location/clientlib/renderer.location.js and then comment out the line.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 6

It doesn't work.

Is there any other way to do it?

Level 10

Did you try the instructions you specified. Many times - instructions only a few years old still apply.

Correct answer by
Level 6

I did apply the old instruction specified for ClientContext, it works.

Thanks.

Level 2

For contextHub, there is a new GUI present now to handle all the datastores and UI modules:

/etc/cloudsettings/default/contexthub.html

Disable the data store as well as its UI module here.

Level 3

BigT168​ can you provide a link that you've followed or steps so others can find a solution.