Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to create the tarmk-coldstandby.log file in AEm 6.2

Level 6

Hi Team,

How can I create this log file in AEM 6.2

Create a new Apache Sling Logging Logger for the org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment package.  Set log level to “Debug” and point its log output to a separate logfile, like /logs/tarmk-coldstandby.log

Any guidance on this.

Thanks

Uma

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I am able to create the log files by using the web console http://localhost:4502/system/console/slinglog URL. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Administrator

Hi

Please have a look at this documentation:

Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/deploy/recommended-deploys/tarmk-cold-standby.html#Creating an AEM TarMK Cold Standby setup

// How to Run AEM with TarMK Cold Standby [Focus on Point 5.]

Create a new Apache Sling Logging Logger for the org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment package.  Set log level to “Debug” and point its log output to a separate logfile, like /logs/tarmk-coldstandby.log. For     more information, see Logging.

I think this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 6

Hi Kautuk,

I am following that but I am not able to create the log file . I am not able to find that package and not able to download etc. 

I need to help on creation of that . 

Thanks

Level 10

When you say you are not able to create the file - are you referring to this procedue in the docs (Step 4): 

In order to create a TarMK cold standby setup, you first need to create the standby instances by performing a file system copy of the entire installation folder of the primary to a new location. You can then start each instance with a runmode that will specify its role (primary or standby).

Below is the procedure that needs to be followed in order to create a setup with one master and one standby instance:

• Install AEM.

• Shutdown your instance, and copy its installation folder to the location where the secondary will run from. Even if run from different machines, make sure to give each folder a descriptive name (like aem-primary oraem-standby) to differentiate between the instances.

• Go to the installation folder of the primary instance and:

1. Check and delete any preivous OSGi configurations you might have under aem-primary/crx-quickstart/install
    2. Create a folder called install.primary under aem-primary/crx-quickstart/install
    3. Create the required configurations for the prefered node store and data store under aem-primary/crx-quickstart/install/install.primary
    4. Create a file calledorg.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.standby.store.StandbyStoreService.config in the same location and configure it accordingly. For more information on the configuration options, see Configuration.
    5. If you are using an AEM TarMK instance with an external data store, create a folder named crx3 underaem-primary/crx-quickstart/install named crx3
    6. Place the data store configuration file in the crx3 folder.

Level 6

Hi ,

I am able to finish those steps except this step 

Create a new Apache Sling Logging Logger for the org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment package.  Set log level to “Debug” and point its log output to a separate logfile, like /logs/tarmk-coldstandby.log. For more information, see Logging.

How can I create this log file , do I need to create this org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment package/file in primary and as well as in stand by  and  I am completely very new to creation of customized log files.

I need to help on setting up this log file. 

Thanks

Uma

Correct answer by
    Level 6

I am able to create the log files by using the web console http://localhost:4502/system/console/slinglog URL. 

Thanks