Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to create scaffolding for commerce products in AEM 6.5

Level 1

Hi.

When trying to create products in AEM 6.5, similar to We.Retail, we get the error message

"No scaffold definition found for /var/commerce/products"

I've looked everywhere trying to find a solution and the only article that I've been able to find suggests using classic ui and going to the Tools console, then Default Page Scaffolding. However, the Default Page Scaffolding has been deprecated and We.Retail does not seem to use this approach.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @hilmars68197096,

Scaffolding for we-retail resides in /apps/weretail/content/scaffolding/we-retail/product/jcr:content

Per the error message you are experiencing, you are trying to create a product directly under /var/commerce/products for which no scaffolding resource exist. (resource of type - wcm/scaffolding/components/scaffolding with respective cq:targetPath)

You can create a similar definition or copy this we-retail/product node to the desired location and update the cq:targetPath -> /var/commerce/products or if you want to create project specific folder, update the same and try creating product under that path. 

Then, you can customize the dialog content per your needs - similar to /apps/weretail/content/scaffolding/we-retail/product/jcr:content/cq:dialog/content

Vijayalakshmi_S_0-1618407237977.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 1
Hi @Asutosh_Jena_. Thanks for your comment. I did follow that article as well, but on creating the product, I get the error "No scaffold definition found for /var/commerce/products"

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @hilmars68197096,

Scaffolding for we-retail resides in /apps/weretail/content/scaffolding/we-retail/product/jcr:content

Per the error message you are experiencing, you are trying to create a product directly under /var/commerce/products for which no scaffolding resource exist. (resource of type - wcm/scaffolding/components/scaffolding with respective cq:targetPath)

You can create a similar definition or copy this we-retail/product node to the desired location and update the cq:targetPath -> /var/commerce/products or if you want to create project specific folder, update the same and try creating product under that path. 

Then, you can customize the dialog content per your needs - similar to /apps/weretail/content/scaffolding/we-retail/product/jcr:content/cq:dialog/content

Vijayalakshmi_S_0-1618407237977.png