Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

How to create restricted pages or content ?

Level 2

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to create some pages which will ask for login to the end users ? If they have a login credentials then only they will be able to view that page content else they will be shown some other content.

In a way, to lock some premium content on live site and only users with credentials will be able to see that.

I checked different threads but did not find any information.

Please let me know if anyone else encounterd this issue and has a solution.

Thank you.

7 Replies

Employee

HI,

To completely restrict access to pages you can use Closed User Groups. Creating a Closed User Group

What do you mean by "If they have a login credentials then only they will be able to view that page content else they will be shown some other content." are they being redirected to another page or seeing the restricted page but with different content? So you are restricting content in a page, rather than the whole page?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 2

By default I want show show "excerpt" and then login box below that. I they have valid credentials (may be sent to them when they purchased subscription), then only they will be able to view the complete page content.

Level 10

With AEM - you can write a login component so users have to log onto AEM so see content - see: Adobe Experience Manager Help | Building Secure Adobe Experience Manager Web Sites (there is also an ATCE session that covers this too)

Level 7

Hi, If you have got your desired reply, kindly close this ticket. thanks

Level 9

Hi Vaibhav,

Here are multiple possible solution to solve this problem?

• First use AEM campaign management and use teaser component to load the content. If you are aware of that, you know you can use segments to match to profile and resolve a particular content. this is fairly simple.
  • Second option is java script solution. but it is easy if session management is done through cookies. However, solution is that you make an ajax call and get the content onto the page. it may appears flicking if content is havy and may not be good solution.
  • Load login content and without login content and through javascript you can hide/show content. this is not applicable if content is dynamic.
  • Sling dynamic module also could be a solution but you need to have backend logic for that.