Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to create a landing page that can auto populate the latest blog entries from the inbuilt communities blog module?

Level 3

How to create a landing page that can auto populate the latest blog entries from an inbuilt communities blog module?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Which version of AEM are you using?

You could include the forum component within the landing page template and customize it to just list the latest posts and limit the list to a certain number. Please refer the component guide URL [0] to find out the client libraries required for the template.

[0]

http://localhost:4506/content/community-components/en/forum.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

These blog items should be stored somewhere in the JCR - like everything else in AEM. YOu can look at writing a service that can read them, put them into a collection and them display them  where needed.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Which version of AEM are you using?

You could include the forum component within the landing page template and customize it to just list the latest posts and limit the list to a certain number. Please refer the component guide URL [0] to find out the client libraries required for the template.

[0]

http://localhost:4506/content/community-components/en/forum.html

Level 3

Hi smacdonald2008,

Thanks for sharing the solution. I have thought of the same concept to write a web service to get the forum component content feeds to populate on a custom page. I have few queries to that :

• Forums/Blogs components are a part of Community module default templates available. Do i need to create a new template for the custom page?
  • Can you please help and share a small GitHub code example that can help me out to read JCR content and setting up of the custom page?

Thanks

Piyush

Level 3

Hi Bharat,

Thanks for sharing the solution. Adding component on the landing page will also display the component and i want a clean and impressive landing page similar to :

1754630_pastedImage_1.png

Where a user can post a blog or forum with some digital asset and that item will display on the landing page in above format with a image + Little description.

Will work on the display part later, first i need to retrieve the Blog/Forum details from JCR and display on the page.

Thanks

Piyush

Level 3

Hi smacdonald2008,

Thanks for sharing the solution. I have thought of the same concept to write a web service to get the forum component content feeds to populate on a custom page. I have few queries to that :

• Forums/Blogs components are a part of Community module default templates available. Do i need to create a new template for the custom page?
  • Can you please help and share a small GitHub code example that can help me out to read JCR content and setting up of the custom page?

Thanks

Piyush