Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to configure time frame for TarMK compaction in AEM6/CRX3

Level 3

Hello everyone

I was wondering if someone would be so kind to tell me how I can change the time frame of the daily tar compaction process (the default 2:00 - 5:00 does not fit our requirements) in AEM6/TarMK/CRX3. Since repository.xml does not exist anymore I assume it can be done by some cfg file in the crx-quickstart/install folder. However I have not found any source on the internet that provides information about this. I also checked the Maintenance section (touch UI) and web console JMX but no luck there either.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Not sure about configuring it via files, but you can overlay the default Granite config to change the daily window.

To change the start and end times, create a new sling:OrderedFolder with the name 'granite:daily' under /apps/granite/operations/config/maintenance, then add 'windowStartTime' with a String value of the time to start and 'windowEndTime' with a String value of the time to end.

See the default config here as a reference: /libs/granite/operations/config/maintenance/granite:daily

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Not sure about configuring it via files, but you can overlay the default Granite config to change the daily window.

To change the start and end times, create a new sling:OrderedFolder with the name 'granite:daily' under /apps/granite/operations/config/maintenance, then add 'windowStartTime' with a String value of the time to start and 'windowEndTime' with a String value of the time to end.

See the default config here as a reference: /libs/granite/operations/config/maintenance/granite:daily

Former Community Member

I think we need to configure this file under  crx-quickstart\launchpad\config\com\adobe\granite\maintenance\crx\impl\RevisionCleanupTask.config

But not sure about it's syntax, May be someone from Adobe team can help us on this.

Level 3

Dear AllDayDev

That are great news, thank you very much. This is even better then config since it allows us to keep this information in our source repository.

Cheers