Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to check multiple If conditions in sighlty

Level 5

Hi Team, 

I'm trying multiple if conditions for my code. as far as i know the below conditional check 

value ="${properties.val1 ? properties.val1 : inheritedPageProperties.val1}">

for this i need to add another default value , like if the value is present in component dialogue it should take from component else it should take from rootpage properties. If the value is not preset in both component and rootpage then I need to give my own default value?("some text").

how can I do this ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

@Tessa_learner1 You can wrap your ternary expression in parenthesis and use an OR (||) condition to achieve this.

${(properties.val1 ? properties.val1 : inheritedPageProperties.val1) || 'Default'}

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor
<sly data-sly-set.value="${properties.val1 ? properties.val1 : inheritedPageProperties.val1 || 'default value'}"></sly>

you can try this way.. In this ternary condition if ${propertise.val1} is not present then it will check ${inheritedPageProperties.val1} and if ${inheritedPageProperties.val1} this value is also not present then it will take the default value provided by OR(||) condition

Correct answer by
Level 3

@Tessa_learner1 You can wrap your ternary expression in parenthesis and use an OR (||) condition to achieve this.

${(properties.val1 ? properties.val1 : inheritedPageProperties.val1) || 'Default'}

Level 5

Hi @cshawaus , 

Thank you so much for the response. I tried this, it's working.