Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to change ootb CQ5 blog comments path (from user generated to other)

Level 2

Hi all,

I am working in CQ5 BLog component.

By defaultCQ store all comments frrom a blog to under USERGENERATED folder .But i have a requirement to store all comments under each blog post.

can anybody plz let me know how to achiev this. Which service or servlet i need to overrride.

plz help

Thanks,

Amit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

I don't believe that this module is designed to be extended in this particular manner, if you change where the comments are saved you would likely have to make many customizations to ensure you didn't break other functionality. The commenting is part of the larger social collaboration module so you have to potential to impact many things. Some examples of things you'd need to change in addition to comment creation servlet:

1. Permissions on your publish server - /content/usergenerated is set up to allow anonymous users to create new nodes. You'd have to modify the permissions under you normal site to allow for that which would create a significant security hole. This means you'd probably have to not just change the location that it was saved to and change the servlet it used some kind of service account to create the comment which raises a whole bunch of other problems. 
  2. Workflow Launchers - all the comment related workflow launchers (for moderation and for reverse replication) are all set to watch /content/usergenerated so you'd have to change that. 
  3. The Communities console (both touch UI and classic) would have to be changed to look for the comments in the correct location. 
  4. You'd have to change the comment display component to look in the right location. 

Those are just the 4 I can think of off the top of my head - I am sure I am missing more. I'd take a hard look at the source of you requirement and evaluate how important it is because meeting it will introduce a great deal of complexity. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

I don't believe that this module is designed to be extended in this particular manner, if you change where the comments are saved you would likely have to make many customizations to ensure you didn't break other functionality. The commenting is part of the larger social collaboration module so you have to potential to impact many things. Some examples of things you'd need to change in addition to comment creation servlet:

1. Permissions on your publish server - /content/usergenerated is set up to allow anonymous users to create new nodes. You'd have to modify the permissions under you normal site to allow for that which would create a significant security hole. This means you'd probably have to not just change the location that it was saved to and change the servlet it used some kind of service account to create the comment which raises a whole bunch of other problems. 
  2. Workflow Launchers - all the comment related workflow launchers (for moderation and for reverse replication) are all set to watch /content/usergenerated so you'd have to change that. 
  3. The Communities console (both touch UI and classic) would have to be changed to look for the comments in the correct location. 
  4. You'd have to change the comment display component to look in the right location. 

Those are just the 4 I can think of off the top of my head - I am sure I am missing more. I'd take a hard look at the source of you requirement and evaluate how important it is because meeting it will introduce a great deal of complexity.