Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to allow some components to be added to AEM Experience Fragment (using design)?

Level 2

Designs are used for such cases if working with simple pages. I've tried adding /etc/design for Facebook Experience Fragment. I've added cq:designPath to the template. But I can't configure the right structure for this design.

Right now my design looks like this:

/etc/design/experience-fragment:

_jcr:content (with sling:resourceType set to wcm/core/components/designer)

__experience-fragment-template-facebook

___initial

____root (with components property specified).

No new components are allowed to be added to my experience fragments though. I would appreciate your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Why don't you add those component while Editable template creation. Under the layout container you can select "Policy" where you can specify Allowed Components.

This can be done within XF as well but for that we need to create a XF template as mentioned in my previous thread:- AEM 6.3 Experience Fragments (this require changes in CRX/de) [I would not recommend this over my first suggestion].

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Why don't you add those component while Editable template creation. Under the layout container you can select "Policy" where you can specify Allowed Components.

This can be done within XF as well but for that we need to create a XF template as mentioned in my previous thread:- AEM 6.3 Experience Fragments (this require changes in CRX/de) [I would not recommend this over my first suggestion].

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Use an Editable Template and set the policy!