Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

How to add dialog options (page properties) to AEM 6.3 page template?

Level 4

Hi All,

How do I add dialog options (page properties) to an AEM 6.3 page template?

Thank you for any advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I assume you are talking about an editable template. You do not add page props to an editable template. You can add page props to a page based on an editable template,

The procedure should be similar to this:

How to add custom page properties in CQ5

Except you would modify the core page component (/apps/core/wcm/components/page/v2/page -- not libs page component). Consider this example. Here is a page component whose super resource type is the CORE PAGE Component.

SoonersPage.png

This specific page component is a super resource type to a page built via an editable template -- see here:

SoonersPage2.png

If your page props are common to all pages - then make the change to the core page component - the super resource type shown in the 1st pic.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

I assume you are talking about an editable template. You do not add page props to an editable template. You can add page props to a page based on an editable template,

The procedure should be similar to this:

How to add custom page properties in CQ5

Except you would modify the core page component (/apps/core/wcm/components/page/v2/page -- not libs page component). Consider this example. Here is a page component whose super resource type is the CORE PAGE Component.

SoonersPage.png

This specific page component is a super resource type to a page built via an editable template -- see here:

SoonersPage2.png

If your page props are common to all pages - then make the change to the core page component - the super resource type shown in the 1st pic.