Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to add customised workflow to manage publication?

Level 5

Hi,

I have created a custom workflow to publish a page under /conf directory. I need to use this workflow in manage publication. Is it correct to add custom workflow which is in /conf folder? bcz I was getting this error in console when I added my workflow

"Cannot create workflow model from node: /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/awsevents/content-approval-workflow".

Please let me know if there's any other ways to add workflow in manage publication.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @keerthana_hn,

If I good understand, you would like to run your own workflow from Manage Publication option. If so you will need to overlay bellow path

/libs/cq/gui/content/common/managepublicationwizard/body/items/form/granite:data

and change requestActivationWorkflow property value to point to your custom workflow model from /var.

Here are some links where you will find description step by step what needs to be done:

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

you need to add same model at /var/ as well e.g.  /var/workflow/models/awsevents/content-approval-workflow

Arun Patidar

Level 5

Yes this model is already in /var folder tried adding this path still it'll pick the default publish workflow

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @keerthana_hn,

If I good understand, you would like to run your own workflow from Manage Publication option. If so you will need to overlay bellow path

/libs/cq/gui/content/common/managepublicationwizard/body/items/form/granite:data

and change requestActivationWorkflow property value to point to your custom workflow model from /var.

Here are some links where you will find description step by step what needs to be done: