Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to add a watermark through workflow in aem as a cloud?

Level 3

I have created a custom workflow to add a watermark on the expired images using the existing process -Add Watermark but it's not working. Can someone explain in detail how to add watermark using workflow in aem as a cloud please?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Community Advisor

Please create new processing profile for generating renditions with Watermark and Reprocess expired images using the same processing profile. 

You also have to set System Watermarking Profile in Asset Configuration so that your processing profile knows the location of watermark image.

Please go through this video, I hope it will help.

experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/assets/advanced/watermarks.html?lang=en

Level 3

@Sachin_Arora_ @SantoshSai Thank you. I have looked into the above mentioned url.This document explains the manual step of reprocessing the images. I am trying to add the watermark automatically as soon as an image is expired. How can I do it automatically?

Community Advisor

Did you found a solution for this workflow situation? 
I am facing the same issue.

Level 3

Hi @ReddyIshanvi , @Adilos-Cantuerk , if you have a solution to add watermark to the expired asset automatically using any scheduler or workflow. please post it here. i am also having a similar requirement. It will help us

Community Advisor

Hi @BhavaniBharani,
i am sorry to say - we did not move forward with the watermarks.
We sucesfully created a watermark, but we then ran into another issue.
No matter what we tried - it simply never looked good.

The OOTB watermark workflow could only be regulated with a font size, which then looked very differently depending on different pictures based of the size of those pictures.
Big ones had a tiny watermark in the middle, smaller ones had a huuuuge watermark all over it... 
We moved forward with the regular OOTB functionality of prism:ExpirationDate.
It shuts down the download functionality, depublishes the assets from scene7 and Brand Portal and displays a red flag on the thumbnail. 
In the end, this OOTB situation was received as a much more pleasing solution than having  watermarks.