Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to access i18n strings in ReactJS Component

Level 1

Hi Team,

We have Non SPA app with multilingual support, now we are in the process of component built using ReactJS.

In HTML file, I am able to use i18n string by using ${'h_search' @ i18n}.

How can I access the same i18n strings in ReactJS Component? 

Please advice.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Rakesh,

You are building a non-SPA project, so you can use the below node modules, the react itself has an i18n module, so you can try it for multilingual. you need to manage all translations in the JSON inside the public folder something like this /public/locales/en/translation.json

Why I am proposing this, the translation's will not change very frequently, even if it changes also in AEM you need to get developer help to update and send it as JSON format, I feel instead of writing exporting logic for this in AEM, you can handle directly in react itself.

https://react.i18next.com/legacy-v9/step-by-step-guide

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@rakesh4 

i18n(I18n) is a server side object, you will not be able to access it from frontend(ReactJS).  What you can do you get the i18n object in Sling Model and expose it to the frontend as JSON using Sling Model exporter.

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Rakesh,

You are building a non-SPA project, so you can use the below node modules, the react itself has an i18n module, so you can try it for multilingual. you need to manage all translations in the JSON inside the public folder something like this /public/locales/en/translation.json

Why I am proposing this, the translation's will not change very frequently, even if it changes also in AEM you need to get developer help to update and send it as JSON format, I feel instead of writing exporting logic for this in AEM, you can handle directly in react itself.

https://react.i18next.com/legacy-v9/step-by-step-guide