Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How many properties can be set at node level - AEM 6.4

Level 2
Level 2

Is there any limitation about number of properties to be stored at one node. I have 1 node at it can have 1700 - 2000 properties. Is this possible. If yes then what could be performance drawback of this.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I dont think there is any restrictions on the number of properties for a given node in Jackrabbit Oak. However, the number of nodes would contribute to the performance impact but the number of properties might not if its indexed.

Thanks,

Lokesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I dont think there is any restrictions on the number of properties for a given node in Jackrabbit Oak. However, the number of nodes would contribute to the performance impact but the number of properties might not if its indexed.

Thanks,

Lokesh

Level 10

Also, we should think of real need to have so many properties for a node!

A right balance could be made between hierarchical and properties. If you can give more details of your usecase, we can suggest better!

Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for your input.

My use case is, we are migerating from legacy system to AEM. We have around 10 K constans wiht values(like message, alt text etc.) We need to take these constatn as it is and put it into jcr repository. Also the catch is these key / value can be mulitlingual also. So we are thinking about various approach to design this in AEM.

Level 1

Theoretically, you can import any number of properties.

The only problem is maintenance. It would be near impossible to CRX/De 10K properties.

Concurrent modifications to properties would be fun with OAK as well.

Better migrate to a normal JCR structure.

Regards,

Peter

Level 1

Multilingual properties are handled in AEM by i18n system.

Which is exactly build for key value pairs.

Regards,

Peter