Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How does an asset that I uploaded to /content/dam get "transferred/copied" to /var/dam? (com.day.cq.dam.api.AssetManager)

Level 9

as above.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @jayv25585659 

• In AEM, the /var/dam path is a virtual mapping that represents the assets stored in the /content/dam location. It does not mirror the entire folder structure of /content/dam. Instead, it provides optimized access to assets through dynamically generated URLs.
  • Therefore, /var/dam virtual mapping is primarily used for serving assets to the frontend, dynamically generating URLs, and optimizing performance. It doesn't reflect the exact folder structure within /content/dam. To access assets programmatically, you should primarily interact with the /content/dam location using the appropriate APIs, such as the AssetManager.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @jayv25585659 

Why are you looking for an asset uploaded in "/content/dam/my-folder-here" under "/var/dam/my-folder-here"?

Aanchal Sikka

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @jayv25585659 

• In AEM, the /var/dam path is a virtual mapping that represents the assets stored in the /content/dam location. It does not mirror the entire folder structure of /content/dam. Instead, it provides optimized access to assets through dynamically generated URLs.
  • Therefore, /var/dam virtual mapping is primarily used for serving assets to the frontend, dynamically generating URLs, and optimizing performance. It doesn't reflect the exact folder structure within /content/dam. To access assets programmatically, you should primarily interact with the /content/dam location using the appropriate APIs, such as the AssetManager.