Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do you actually use/setup ASRP for UGC?

Level 2

I tried following the documentation (link below) and have not been successful with our own app or with the We Retail app. Does anyone know how to actually set up ASRP with AEM 6.2? The documentation looks to be outdated based on some of the directions being slightly off (where to find the replication page, for example - it is now at Tools -> Deployment but docs say Tools -> Operations). If I use JSRP, everything works totally fine. As soon as I try to use ASRP, I get 500 errors when POSTing to the SCF JSON API.

I am logged in as the admin user and making a post to a Question and Answer forum. In the error log I am seeing this:

30.11.2016 12:47:01.227 *WARN* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1480535221223] POST /question-answer/jcr:content/qna-parsys/qna.social.json HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.granite.security.user.internal.UserPropertiesServiceImpl Requested adapter type not supported: com.adobe.granite.security.user.UserProperties, adaptable org.apache.sling.resourceresolver.impl.ResourceResolverImpl@77f4a63f

30.11.2016 12:47:01.227 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1480535221223] POST /question-answer/jcr:content/qna-parsys/qna.social.json HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.social.scf.core.operations.AbstractSocialOperation Error performing operation: 

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.adobe.cq.social.commons.CommentUtil.isUserPrivileged(CommentUtil.java:229)

at com.adobe.cq.social.commons.comments.endpoints.AbstractCommentOperationService.isUserPrivileged(AbstractCommentOperationService.java:660)

at com.adobe.cq.social.forum.client.endpoints.AbstractForumOperationsService.mayPost(AbstractForumOperationsService.java:82)

at com.adobe.cq.social.commons.comments.endpoints.AbstractCommentOperationService.create(AbstractCommentOperationService.java:939)

at com.adobe.cq.social.qna.client.endpoints.impl.QnaCreateOperation.performOperation(QnaCreateOperation.java:76)

at com.adobe.cq.social.commons.comments.endpoints.AbstractCommentOperation.performOperation(AbstractCommentOperation.java:137)

at com.adobe.cq.social.scf.core.operations.AbstractSocialOperation.run(AbstractSocialOperation.java:82)

at org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.SlingPostServlet.doPost(SlingPostServlet.java:202)

at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingAllMethodsServlet.java:149)

at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:345)

at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:376)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.RequestData.service(RequestData.java:546)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.SlingComponentFilterChain.render(SlingComponentFilterChain.java:44)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:77)

at com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetComponentFilter.doFilter(TargetComponentFilter.java:96)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:68)

at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter.doFilter(WCMDebugFilter.java:151)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:68)

at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMComponentFilter.filterRootInclude(WCMComponentFilter.java:362)

at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMComponentFilter.doFilter(WCMComponentFilter.java:177)

at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDeveloperModeFilter.doFilter(WCMDeveloperModeFilter.java:114)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl.processComponent(SlingRequestProcessorImpl.java:282)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl.dispatchRequest(SlingRequestProcessorImpl.java:322)

30.11.2016 12:47:01.228 *WARN* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1480535221223] POST /question-answer/jcr:content/qna-parsys/qna.social.json HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.SlingPostServlet Exception while handling POST /question-answer/jcr:content/qna-parsys/qna with com.adobe.cq.social.qna.client.endpoints.impl.QnaCreateOperation

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.adobe.cq.social.commons.CommentUtil.isUserPrivileged(CommentUtil.java:229)

at com.adobe.cq.social.commons.comments.endpoints.AbstractCommentOperationService.isUserPrivileged(AbstractCommentOperationService.java:660)

at com.adobe.cq.social.forum.client.endpoints.AbstractForumOperationsService.mayPost(AbstractForumOperationsService.java:82)

at com.adobe.cq.social.commons.comments.endpoints.AbstractCommentOperationService.create(AbstractCommentOperationService.java:939)

at com.adobe.cq.social.qna.client.endpoints.impl.QnaCreateOperation.performOperation(QnaCreateOperation.java:76)

at com.adobe.cq.social.commons.comments.endpoints.AbstractCommentOperation.performOperation(AbstractCommentOperation.java:137)

at com.adobe.cq.social.scf.core.operations.AbstractSocialOperation.run(AbstractSocialOperation.java:82)

at org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.SlingPostServlet.doPost(SlingPostServlet.java:202)

at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingAllMethodsServlet.java:149)

at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:345)

at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:376)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.RequestData.service(RequestData.java:546)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.SlingComponentFilterChain.render(SlingComponentFilterChain.java:44)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:77)

at com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetComponentFilter.doFilter(TargetComponentFilter.java:96)

at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter.doFilter(WCMDebugFilter.java:151)

at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMComponentFilter.filterRootInclude(WCMComponentFilter.java:362)

at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMComponentFilter.doFilter(WCMComponentFilter.java:177)

at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDeveloperModeFilter.doFilter(WCMDeveloperModeFilter.java:114)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl.processComponent(SlingRequestProcessorImpl.java:282)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl.dispatchRequest(SlingRequestProcessorImpl.java:322)

2 Replies

Level 2

One thing that is interesting is that I am seeing a reference to CommentUtil, but I don't see that documented in the 6.2 docs. I only see it in the 6.1 docs.

Level 9

Hi MRyno,

Would you provide the link to documentation you're using as well as what version of AEM and Communities FP you have installed?

It is not possible to simply start using ASRP.  You need to work through your account representative.

You can try the experiment with the default JSRP, making sure to enter UGC in the publish environment, and see if it's working.  If it works on JSRP, it should work on any other SRP.

I hope this helps.

- JK