Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

how do I setup access to experience fragments?

Level 8

EDIT: The pictures shown is for 1 group that is not a member of any other group.

problem: having issues with permission inheritance in experience fragments (/content/experience-fragments)

preferred outcome: all folders and fragments under the parent path will inherit. In my screenshot, all folders and fragments should inherit the permission for the staff folder.

-----

The permission were setup by going to author.myhost.com/useradmin

- the child folder got the permissions from the parent (/content/experience-fragments/staff/digital-services)

WsYMepv

- the grandchild folder did not inherit the permissions set in the parent (specifically modify permission)

xu2DrRJ

- fragment inside the grandchild folder does not have modify

6ZZhNoI

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659 

You do not want to give "modify" permission to "snagit" folder? What is the ask can you please add in here?

Community Advisor

Hi,

Inherited permision should work as expected until there is conflic due to another group. Could you please click on details to sew which group is adding deny permission?

Arun Patidar

Level 8

The pictures shown is for 1 group that is not a member of any other group.

Community Advisor

As @arunpatidar  said, permissions will get inherited to the child level as expected unless and until there is conflict with other groups. It works on my local as expected: 

SivaPrasadReddyS_0-1635861160002.png

Please verify 'Group' tab and check if any of the dependent group has deny access set for particular folder level. 

Level 8

If I provide all permissions (including delete like in your screenshot), modify permission will be inherited. If I omit delete permission, what I get is what I said above.

The pictures shown is for 1 group that is not a member of any other group.