Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How do I remove the vanity URL from a page completely in AEM Cloud?

Level 4

I have given a vanity URL for a page and even after removing the vanity URL, it is still working which is a weird scenario. So how do I remove the vanity URL completely from the page? Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ameen_Dev , 

It's a kind of weird issue. Let's try something different.

Can we create a new page and copy the entire content which exists on the page which has the vanity URL issue. Once it's done, check whether the new page is having the same vanity URL issue. If it's working, delete the old page and update the page name on this new page.

Let me know if it works.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

@Ameen_Dev If you have set up a Vanity URL on a individual page then go to the page properties and remove any URL set up on Vanity URL highlighted in the below screenshot. Sometimes dispatcher caching also plays roles and may be due to that your changes are not reflecting. After making the changes, try clearing or invalidating the dispatcher cache.

AvinashGupta01_0-1669648688521.png

Level 4

Tried clearing dispatcher cache but no luck. Somewhere the vanity url path is stored and it is not getting cleared. 

Community Advisor

@Ameen_Dev Have you applied the vanity URL only from the page properties or earlier you have added any dispatcher redirect rules for this vanity URL? Check your dispatcher redirect rules. Also go to CRXDE and try to search for the vanity URL. It might be that property is still present on the page node.

Level 4

We don’t add anything in dispatcher server. Only we use the page properties for adding the vanity url. Since it is a AEM cloud we cannot check the crxde. We checked the page properties by downloading the page and it doesn’t have the vanity url path. 

Community Advisor

@Ameen_Dev Have you tested hitting the vanity URL directly on publisher? Is the vanity redirect still happening on Publisher? 

Community Advisor

@Ameen_Dev It means the issue is with the publisher not dispatcher. If you have system console access on publisher, go to the configuration and search for Apache Sling Resource Resolver. Simply edit and save the configuration. Try and let me know the result.

Level 4

In AEM cloud, we don’t have access to system console except package manager.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ameen_Dev , 

It's a kind of weird issue. Let's try something different.

Can we create a new page and copy the entire content which exists on the page which has the vanity URL issue. Once it's done, check whether the new page is having the same vanity URL issue. If it's working, delete the old page and update the page name on this new page.

Let me know if it works.