Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I read (via Java?) the SAML response from my SSO provider?

Level 8

We have protected some pages via login through our SSO provider. I would like to read the SAML response so we can customize some of the things that's displayed on the page.

How can this be done?

I've searched the net and the results I've found involves the configuration to setup AEM to connect to a SSO provider (this part is already configured and working already).

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I don‘t think, that you can read the SAML response in AEM directly. But you could configure the AEM SAML Service to map a few SAML properties to AEM user profile properties that you than can read.

If you want to know what‘s in the SAML conversation, I would use special browser plugins (look for SAML tracer or SAML debugger in your browsers extension/plugin store). Theses Plugins filter SAML traffic from other traffic and do the necessary decoding for you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

Capture the SAML response in your web browser using the Network tab in the Developer tools.

The SAMLResponse object will be in the POST to the Idp.

Then you base-64 decode the SAML response back to readable XML.

Correct answer by
Employee

I don‘t think, that you can read the SAML response in AEM directly. But you could configure the AEM SAML Service to map a few SAML properties to AEM user profile properties that you than can read.

If you want to know what‘s in the SAML conversation, I would use special browser plugins (look for SAML tracer or SAML debugger in your browsers extension/plugin store). Theses Plugins filter SAML traffic from other traffic and do the necessary decoding for you.