Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I override the nested parsys limit in 6.4?

Level 4

I have a container-like component that has a parsys and it is often nested several deep on my 6.3 site that is migrating to 6.4.8. However, when I have a page that has four of these nested components, the 6.4 touch ui doesn't let me add any components to the parsys of the inner-most component. I can nest four of these components on a page but I can't nest anything inside the fourth one. My pages use /etc/designs and aren't yet using policies under /conf. The sling:resourceSuperType of this component is "foundation/components/parbase". It appears 6.4 has some kind of parsys nesting limit. Is there a way to override or control this nesting limit in 6.4?

1 Accepted Solution

Level 4

Our short term solution to this problem was to take the AEM 6.3 version of /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/core/js/model/Inspectable.js and install it as an overlay at /apps/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/core/js/model/Inspectable.js in 6.4. Its hasPlaceholder method was refactored in 6.4 but was misinterpreting the DOM structure of our pages. We were told by Adobe day care this issue is fixed in 6.5. 

3 Replies

Level 4
This appears to be a dropzone bug in touch ui. My component has cq:dropTargets in its editConfig and I can fix the problem by removing cq:dropTargets but I need cq:dropTargets because it is needed for in-place editing of the component's background image. I may need to create an Adobe support ticket.

Community Advisor
please open a day care ticket to get it fix or guidance.

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Our short term solution to this problem was to take the AEM 6.3 version of /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/core/js/model/Inspectable.js and install it as an overlay at /apps/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/core/js/model/Inspectable.js in 6.4. Its hasPlaceholder method was refactored in 6.4 but was misinterpreting the DOM structure of our pages. We were told by Adobe day care this issue is fixed in 6.5.