Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I implement a persisted GraphQL Paginated query that has Int parameters?

Level 2

I currently have a persisted endpoint that is meant to allow for paging over a list of content fragments: 

/graphql/execute.json/xxx/getSomeContentFragmentPaginated;startRecord=0;numberOfRecords=3

The underlying GraphQL query looks something like this:

query getSomeContentFragmentPaginated($startRecord: Int, $numberOfRecords: Int)
{
     someContentFragmentList(offset: $startRecord, limit: $numberOfRecords) {
          items {

}

}

}

From the GraphQL Editor the query is ok - but when accessing it from the rest endpoint I get a casting error:

Variable 'startRecord' has an invalid value: Expected a value that can be converted to type 'Int' but it was a 'String' 

Any idea how I convert the incoming String value from the url to Int?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

This is a known issue apparently:

" SITES-15622: GraphQL - Issue with persisted queries with number & boolean parameters "

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ArnoFourieEDG I tried out hiting the persistent query within the browser and getting the desired result.

Shailesh_Bassi__0-1693245538048.png

Can you share how are you creating the URL for hitting the endpoint URL?

Community Advisor

Upon further investigation on both AEM Cloud (v2023.8.13099.20230810t160553z-230702) and AEM 6.5 SP18, found the "String to Int" casting error in the AEM Cloud. Interestingly, the SP18 version executed the persistent query flawlessly without encountering any errors. FYI @ArnoFourieEDG 

Level 2

Update:  The query seems to work fine on 2023.7.12874 but not on 2023.8.13206...

Underlying issue seems to be regression testing.

Correct answer by
Level 2

This is a known issue apparently:

" SITES-15622: GraphQL - Issue with persisted queries with number & boolean parameters "