Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How do I get my feed contents to show up for moderation in the SoCo Console?

Former Community Member

Hi there,

I have an RSS (blog) feed that I've imported into the /content/user-generated section of my JCR.  When I go to the Community Console, however, my feed entries aren't showing up for moderation, as seen here: [img]soco-snap.png[/img].

My question is: what do I need to do to get the contents of my feed to show up for Moderation?

Thanks in advance.

RKB

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Sorry for confusion, I thought you are using OOTB blog template to create blog.

Moderation works for Comment for Blog OOTB. However you can set up another workflow to moderate CQ Blog as well.

Are you importing this data from third party site ?

If yes are you using any OOTB CQ feature to do that ? In that case you have to check if OOTB feedimporter supports data you are trying to import.

otherwise you have to write custom application to assign those data to proper resource type (Templates and components) through code in order to make them editable and able to moderate them.

Yogesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

RKB,

You need to set up reverse replication to get feed back to your author instance for moderation. Here is more information

[1] http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/replication.html

Note that all user generated node in CQ (Any thing under /content/usergenerated) is auto reverse replicated as long as you have your reverse replication agent set up.

For moderation make sure that you have moderation workflow enabled and any launcher on cq:Comment enabled. You can find these under workflow tab of welcome page.

Yogesh

Former Community Member

Hi Yogesh,

So the feed is setup on my author instance, since i'm trying to prove this out locally before moving it to our integrated environments.  Should the the Feed Importer be configured on publish instances only?

Also, the content is of type cq blog, not comment.  Does Moderation only work on CQ Comments?

Thanks,

RKB.

Correct answer by
Level 5

Sorry for confusion, I thought you are using OOTB blog template to create blog.

Moderation works for Comment for Blog OOTB. However you can set up another workflow to moderate CQ Blog as well.

Are you importing this data from third party site ?

If yes are you using any OOTB CQ feature to do that ? In that case you have to check if OOTB feedimporter supports data you are trying to import.

otherwise you have to write custom application to assign those data to proper resource type (Templates and components) through code in order to make them editable and able to moderate them.

Yogesh

Former Community Member

I am using the OOTB CQ Feed Importer to import an external RSS feed and store the data under /content/usergenerated.  The data is being correctly converted to cq:PageContent, using the blog template.  I think I'll have to try creating a custom workflow tthat moderates blog content, like you suggested, and see if that will allow Moderation through the Community Console.  If not, we'll just build a custom GUI.

Thanks for the info; very helpful!  I'll let you know how it goes.

RKB.