Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can we get the actual createDate of a page in the publisher with the author's details?

Level 6

We are currently required to show the window.digitalData.createDate as the date that the AEM page is created.

When I am running ${currentPage.createDate} from sightly, I get the creationDate from the publisher. which is the wrong date (this is the create date of when the node have been replicated).

What I really need is the createDate from the author.

How can we get the actual createDate of a page in the publisher with the author's details?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

OOTB the property jcr:created will contain the information when the first time the page was created on the publisher instance. So, definately it will be different from the jcr:created field present on the author environment.

Steps you can follow for achieving your use case:

1. Create a Replication Listener with the path restriction that it processes further if you are under the specific hierarchy, otherwise skip.
Reference: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/kb/ReplicationListener.html

2. Update a custom property "custom_property" at the page with the value that is present in the field "jcr:created"

3. In your logic update the code to read the "custom_property", instead of "jcr:created".

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @AEMWizard ,

Have you tried this?

${pageProperties['jcr:created'].time.toString}

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 7.11.09 PM.png

Note: Replicated page and checked on publisher - which will be of course replicated date and time on publisher which turn into jcr:created

To answer your question- there is no OOTB functionality which fetches details from author on publish instance, It has to be customized!

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Community Advisor

Hi,

You should be using a dedicated field for capturing data layer data and do not rely on AEMs internal properties.

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

OOTB the property jcr:created will contain the information when the first time the page was created on the publisher instance. So, definately it will be different from the jcr:created field present on the author environment.

Steps you can follow for achieving your use case:

1. Create a Replication Listener with the path restriction that it processes further if you are under the specific hierarchy, otherwise skip.
Reference: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/kb/ReplicationListener.html

2. Update a custom property "custom_property" at the page with the value that is present in the field "jcr:created"

3. In your logic update the code to read the "custom_property", instead of "jcr:created".

Thanks