Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How can I disable minification of dialog JS of AEM components

Level 2
http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr/com.adobe.granite.ui.clientlibs.impl.HtmlLibraryManagerImpl

I have disabled minification of JS using above interface as posted in other threads, but component dialog JS with

category - cq.authoring.dialog , is still getting minified. Is there a way to stop minification of all component dialog JS?
Need to do it , as debugging becomes a lot tedious with minified JS.

Using AEM 6.5

* EDIT *

P.S : Component Dialog client libs used to come un-minified in AEM 6.4

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sarthakuiit ,

Since cq.dialog.authoring.all have jsProcessor property set at the component level,

/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/clientlibs/all

I asked to use custom category for your dialog clientlibs and call only that clientlibs using extraClientlibs property in your cq:dialog node. Your dialog script will be independently loaded and it will be easier for you to debug.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @sarthakuiit ,

It might have enabled at client library property level. Please check.

else if you want to check for any of the component dialogs please try using extraClientlibs (to load only your dialog specific clientlibs) property and then try to debug your issue.

Level 2

Hi , 

You mean to say adding this snippet :

categories="[extraClientlibs]"
to .content.xml of the component?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sarthakuiit ,

Since cq.dialog.authoring.all have jsProcessor property set at the component level,

/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/clientlibs/all

I asked to use custom category for your dialog clientlibs and call only that clientlibs using extraClientlibs property in your cq:dialog node. Your dialog script will be independently loaded and it will be easier for you to debug.

Level 2

Oh! Got you. 

Thank you for the leads. I actually wanted to disable minification for all component dialog JS on local by default. 

On this path - /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/clientlibs/all,
I changed jsProcessor to --- min:none and default:none 
It solved my problem at global level, so not trying category specific solution now.
Thanks you for the leads, again!

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can add below value for cssProcessor/jssProcessor property at cq:ClientLibraryFolder to stop minification of clientlibs

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 9.16.25 AM.png

 Also, if you add ?debugClientLibs=true parameter to the url then clientlibs will load as individual files instead of minified/combined files, which can be used for debugging.

Level 2

Hi , 
I tried both the options, but it is not working in case of component dialog JS. (though it works for component JS) 

I am adding the jsProcessor property on path - /apps/<pckg>/components/content/<site>/<component-name>/clientlibs-dialog
Anything different I need to do?