Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How alter SlingHttpServletRequest with different Resource?

Level 3

I am struggling with some generic piece of code:

Resource resource = dynamicallyFindNeededResource(res);

Class<?> someModel = pickUpSomeSlingModelClass();

return resource.adaptTo(someModel);

The problem is I want to expand this type of adapting to request as well:

Adaptable adaptable = checkIfModelAdaptableByRequest(someModel) ? changeRequestResourceToCurrentOne(request, resource) : resource;

return adaptable.adaptTo(someModel);

What comes to my mind is the changeRequestResourceToCurrentOne method has to use SlingRequestWrapper which would be kind of lame solution. Any other ides how to alter that request with resource without wrapping it with new resoruce? Thanks in advance.

7 Replies

Level 10

I am just trying to understand why would you need to adapt to another resource?
You can always read any resource with resource resolver.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Via your request SlingHttpServletRequest (Apache Sling (Builder) 6 API) get request dispatcher SlingHttpServletRequest (Apache Sling (Builder) 6 API) then use standard API to forward your request to a new place.

Agree with the previous answer, why not direct the request to the correct location in the first place or adapt existing request to desired location?

Regards,

Peter

Level 3

So the point is there is a mechanism that is looking for another resource in a content tree (nearest sibling with resource type) to generate this one, i.e. "configuration".

There is no way to forward this request nor include neither.

Level 10

So assuming you have a resource path, you are looking for sibling resource with a particulate resource type..

You can use resource iterator for it.

For current resource get the parent and from parent use listchildren, you will access to all sibling.

Level 3

The point is I have got this resource already, but I want to adapt it to specific sling model.

Level 10

Why do you need to adapt to sling model?

Why not simply use resource API [0] to read properties or anything?

[0]  https://sling.apache.org/apidocs/sling7/org/apache/sling/api/resource/Resource.html

Level 10

Also - once you have a resource in the JCR - you can create a Sling Model - as discussed here:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 Sling Model Components

Look at how we bind the UserInfo class to nodes and props in the JCR.