Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

hobbes.js vs wcm.io for GUI testing

Level 2

Hi ,

Recently started UI testing with hobbes.js framework but couldn't find proper illustrations apart from we.retail examples like we-retail-instore.js , we-retail-devices.js etc.

I am still confused whether to go with hobbes.js itself or is there another framework for testing GUI like i have heard about wcm.io

Can anyone clear my dilemma which one would be better among hobbes.js and wcm.io and why?

I have implemented few test cases using hobbes.js but when the test cases executes it just shows pass or fail with a green tick and red cross respectively.

But in already implemented we-retail illustrations it shows proper working of the page in the viewport, say for example:

It first navigates to the url specified in .naviagateTo( ) and then shows it like a demo . So how can i achieve that?

And is there a way to debug the test cases ?

My implementation:

.addTestCase(new hobs.TestCase('Single display')

.navigateTo('/content/testproject/testpage.html')

.asserts.exists('.class1' + ':eq(0)')

.asserts.exists('.class1' + ':eq(1)')

.click('.class2')

.asserts.exists('body[data='attribute']')

)

Thanks,

Arjit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hobbes.js main purpose is to enable end-to-end UI testing of AEM. It's not meant for unit testing of javascript code.

About wcm.io testing [0], from my understanding this project focus on providing utils for testing of AEM java code (Unit and integration testing) and it does not provide anything regarding UI testing.

[0] http://wcm.io/testing/

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

smacdonald2008​ i had already gone through the above mentioned article but as i already asked above i wanted to know if hobbes.js is better or wcm.io
Please read my query again since it has many questions.

Can anyone clear my dilemma which one would be better among hobbes.js and wcm.io and why?

And is there a way to debug the test cases ?

In we-retail examples it shows the test suite like a demo but for me it just shows pass or fail, so how can i achieve that?

Thanks,

Arjit

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hobbes.js main purpose is to enable end-to-end UI testing of AEM. It's not meant for unit testing of javascript code.

About wcm.io testing [0], from my understanding this project focus on providing utils for testing of AEM java code (Unit and integration testing) and it does not provide anything regarding UI testing.

[0] http://wcm.io/testing/

Kautuk Sahni