Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

help with respect to the edit button in design mode

Level 1

hi All... im a web developer.. im not a CQ [cmp] man.. currently im in a migration project.. where existing html pages and templates of client is migrated into CQ practice. i can only modify the CSs styles and not the HTML content. so while in the process, i came across a situation where an edit button in design mode is hidden behind another edit button in the design mode , my question is how can i make it visible ??? once i hide the outer edit button using "display:none", i can view the hidden edit button.. can anyone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

These sorts of problems are generally difficult to solve if you can't alter the HTML. The challenge is the design edit bars are added in client side and attached to the div structure that the system adds when including a component. Normally these sorts of problems occur when you have complex float based layouts, or negative margins. There is no simple answer other than trying debug the generate HTML/CSS and adjusting your CSS and markup. I have found that often the only workflow solution is to apply an author only CSS changes the layout for author mode, or changing the HTML markup when in author mode. Most of these solutions require cooperation with your CQ component developers to implement the author only solutions. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

These sorts of problems are generally difficult to solve if you can't alter the HTML. The challenge is the design edit bars are added in client side and attached to the div structure that the system adds when including a component. Normally these sorts of problems occur when you have complex float based layouts, or negative margins. There is no simple answer other than trying debug the generate HTML/CSS and adjusting your CSS and markup. I have found that often the only workflow solution is to apply an author only CSS changes the layout for author mode, or changing the HTML markup when in author mode. Most of these solutions require cooperation with your CQ component developers to implement the author only solutions.